Thursday, October 6, 2016

I'm a member of USCCA and you should be too

I'm proud to say I'm a member of U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). Why? Because responsible gun ownership doesn't just end with being proficient and carrying a weapon. You have to go beyond that. What happens, God forbid (and I say that because most people think that if we're concealed carrying that we must be "looking" for a reason to use our gun. That couldn't be further from the truth. The last thing I want to do is take another life...but in defense of myself or my family, I won't hesitate) after I've used my weapon? Most people wold think that if it's "justifiable" self defense then its over. Oh no my friends, it's not over at all. During the subsequent investigation, how do you cover time away from work? What happens if you do need a lawyer? Are you going to trust a public defender? Do you have money to pay the retainer and court costs for a great lawyer? What happens if you're found innocent in criminal court but the individual you shot in self defense and/or their family decides to sue you in civil court? Don't think that can happen? Then you need to go do a web search. There's been PLENTY of cases where an attacker or the family members of an attacker bringing cases against the person acting in self defense. Really? YES, really!

If I do have to grab my weapon in self defense, in addition to the multitude of things already running through my mind, including saving my life or those around me, the LAST thing I need to worry about is "am I going to get sued". My father, a retired soldier AND then a retired police officer used to have a saying, "...I'd rather be judged by 12 than be carried by 6", and those words have always stuck with me. So, that led me to spending time researching insurance options and becoming knowledgeable about what's out there. What did I find? USCCA is the best thing out there...period. USCCA has tiered options based on your need, a great support team and even more importantly a HUGE library of information/courses/classes, that's always growing that members have access to. I'm a firm believer that knowledge is power and USCCA is driven to provide its members with information to be a better, more capable gun owner, regardless of the environment or situation presented. As you can see in the image, this is what came in the mail as part of my membership package. Whoa! That's a ton of great stuff!!! Including the Real Avid Pistol Tool which is a must have for any range bag and I've already used it a ton!

Bottom line, responsible gun owners think ahead and plan for the worst...just to ensure they're covered in case it happens! Thanks to USCCA I have the piece of mind knowing I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment